- you’re less than 16 years old
- you’re aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
- you’re a prisoner and are on leave from prison
- you can get an NHS complex lens voucher, which are for people with very high prescriptions. The optician who does your eye test can tell you if you’re eligible for one.
- you currently get Income Support
- you’re getting Universal Credit and meet the eligibility criteria
- ￼you get Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- you get Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- you’re in receipt of Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- you get tax credits and meet certain criteria
- you have an NHS HC2 certificate and are on a low income.
You could also be eligible for an optical voucher if you have an HC3 certificate.